Dolomite Sand Making Plant And Grinding Machine
The storage capacity of dolomite is rich in nature, and dolomite’s structure is similar to calcite. It has the advantages of good high-temperature, corrosion, and wear resistance. After a series of crushing and grinding processes, the application value is very high in multiple industries. Dolomite is a brittle material with extensive applications in industries like building materials, ceramics, agriculture, and environmental protection. There will be different processes for application in various industries. So let’s take a look at the processing technology of dolomite together.
Dolomite Sand Making Plant
Can dolomite crush to sand?
Yes. One of the dolomite’s uses is to make sand and gravel aggregates through a sand-making machine and use them as road foundation materials, ballast stones on railway tracks, concrete and asphalt preparation, or fillers. After being processed by a sand-making machine or sand making plant, dolomite has higher economic and utilization value, and its application fields are more extensive. So the dolomite is suitable for sand-making.
The new sand-making machine plant is a type of ore process equipment, so is this production line suitable for processing dolomite or not?
- Firstly, when processing dolomite, it will need the crusher machine for crushing the large rock dolomite into small pieces. This crushing process is divided into coarse crushing and medium to fine crushing production, crushing the material into appropriate particle sizes and then going to sand-making or grinding operations. Depending on the processing requirements, the production line configuration varies. Generally speaking, if sand-making is required, then after the crushing process, a sand-making machine needs to be set up to achieve the sand-making operation. This set of processing technology is the new sand-making machine sand production line, which means it is suitable for processing dolomite.
- When processing dolomite on the new sand-making plant, the configuration of the sand production line varies depending on the production requirements. For example, due to the low hardness of dolomite, large pieces of dolomite crush process either in the form of a jaw crusher+ impact crusher+sand making machine or in a single hammer crusher. The former has multiple equipment configurations and high costs, but the finished product has higher quality. The latter has less cost investment, but the finished product particle size is relatively poor, and both have advantages. During the production of dolomite sand making, we can choose a better solution based on factors such as cost and finished product demand.
Dolomite Sand Making Plant Flow
Now that we have introduced the new sand-making machine production line handles dolomite and the configuration issues of the production line in dolomite treatment, let’s introduce the specific process flow of the production line in dolomite treatment:
The first step is the rough crushing production of dolomite. In this stage, the primary crushing equipment is a jaw crusher. Large pieces of dolomite are processed by blasting or excavated for mining and then sent to the jaw crusher through a vibrating feeder for rough crushing. The semi-finished materials after crushing are between 95-300mm. Then, the semi-finished dolomite needs to undergo medium to fine-crushing production. In this stage, the impact crusher is for the fine-crushing process, and the dolomite crushed by the jaw crusher is transported by the conveyor belt to the impact crusher for secondary medium to fine-crushing processing, resulting in a mixed aggregate with a particle size less than 40mm. Finally, The crushed dolomite goes to a sand-making machine for shaping and sand-making. In the process of crushing sand, there will be a screening operation to ensure uniform particle size of the finished product. Materials that do not meet the requirements are returned to the previous production equipment through a belt conveyor for crushing operation.
Step 1: Turn Large stones into small stones
Transport the bulk dolomite raw material into the jaw crusher by the vibrating feeder for the coarse crushing process, and then send it to the cone crusher for medium to fine crushing processing until it reaches the feed fineness of the grinding machine (15-40mm) before discharge.
Step 2: Grind small stones into powder
The small stones that meet the grinding fineness are uniformly sent to the material bin by a bucket elevator. Then quantitatively send the material to the dolomite grinding machine by an electromagnetic vibration feeder for processing.
The commonly used types of dolomite grinding machines include Raymond grinding machines, high-strength grinding machines, ultrafine grinding machines, etc.
Step 3: Classification of dolomite powder
The ground dolomite powder goes through a powder concentrator for classification, and those that don’t meet the particle size requirements return to the grinding mill machine.
Step 4: Powder collection and packaging
The qualified particle size of dolomite powder flows through the pipeline and enters the dust collector for separation and collection. The collected dolomite powder is transported to the finished product silo by the belt conveyors, and then uniformly packaged using a powder-loading tanker or automatic packaging machine.
A scientific and reasonable design for the production line of dolomite processing is the foundation for ensuring high production operation and user benefits. Therefore, the equipment of the production line should be arranged compactly and scientifically, with appropriate connections between various links such as crushing and grinding. Simplify the operation processes, and save labor, time, and other costs. Ensure the production line is free from dust, noise, and other pollution.
Dolomite Grinding Machine
A dolomite grinding machine is an essential specialized equipment for the dolomite grinding process. Based on the Raymond grinding machine and combined with the characteristics of dolomite, it is a high-efficiency and environmentally friendly grinding machine with more targeted grinding effects. It is a popular equipment for more than 80% of dolomite processing plants, with the advantages of high production capacity, various models, reliable quality, long service life, safety, less pollution, three-dimensional design, reduced land occupation, and reduced investment cost. The finished dolomite powder has the advantages of a uniform texture, delicacy, and high purity, and its fineness is adjustable within the range of 30-1250 mesh, meeting the needs of most industrial departments.
Application Of Dolomite Powder
- Dolomite powder can be used as a raw material for producing glassware, pharmaceutical bottles, and optical glass;
- Dolomite can be used in fields like building materials, ceramics, glass and refractory materials, chemical industry, agriculture, environmental protection, energy conservation, etc. It is mainly used as a flux for alkaline refractory materials and blast furnace iron-making, as well as a raw material for producing glass and ceramics.
- Dolomite powder can be used as a filler in coatings, mainly as a white pigment. However, due to the coarse particles, similar refractive index to the solvent of the coating, and weak coverage, it does not have a certain special role in coating applications, so it is a basic filling coating material.
- The structural design of the dolomite grinding machine is vertical structure. It has the advantages of a small footprint, is lightweight, has low infrastructure costs, and is more convenient for transportation, operation, and maintenance.
- Wearing parts such as grinding rollers and rings are made of materials with high wear resistance developed in Europe, which is less prone to wear and corrosion during operation. The failure rate is relatively low, the quality is more reliable, and the service life is ultra-long.
- The dolomite material ground with this equipment has a perfect particle shape and uniform particle size. The particle size is adjustable according to the user’s requirements, with a relatively large range of adjustments.
- In the process of grinding dolomite, the total power is relatively low, the electricity consumption is low, the maintenance cost is low, and the total production cost will be lower.
- The design of the sealing device is relatively reasonable, with mature dust and noise reduction devices installed. During operation, there is no dust or noise, which meets the national dust emission standards.
The complete set of dolomite sand making plant & grinding machine includes many types of equipment, and each user’s situation is different, and the configured equipment is also different. Even two users with the same production capacity and finished product granularity requirements may use different equipment models and combinations, resulting in different prices. Eastman is a professional mining equipment manufacturer with 38 years of rich experience in the mining construction industry. we can also provide lab equipment. Welcome to consult our professional team to get factory prices. According to your situation and product requirements, we will design a complete sand-crushing production line flow chart and provide an accurate quotation.